The City Secretary works under the general supervision of the City Administrator and the City Council. The City Secretary serves as the custodian of official records for the City.
- Prepares materials, reports, agendas and minutes of official meetings of the City
- Records and maintains City ordinances, proclamations, contracts, deeds, resolutions, legal notices and other legal documents as approved
- Oversees the administration of City elections to ensure compliance with municipal, state, and federal laws. Receives and maintains all candidate forms and reports
- Assists the City Council in the appointments to City Boards and Commissions
- Maintains the City’s financial records, financial system, and personnel records
- Receives and processes Public Information Requests